Feingold for President - Minnesota

No more lies. The president broke the law.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

We have seen the enemy and it is us.


Well I am sorry to hear that Paul Hackett is stepping down. The forces that led to the Alito nomination are the same to lead to these situations. I think at this point it is fair to acknowledge that the democrats are much more dangerous to Feingold running than the republicans. The old guard forces in the Democratic Party would, I think, not hesitate to brush by Feingold.

Feingold is still fighting against the new version of the Patriot Act against his own party and here is his explanation.


WHY WHY WHY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DEMOCRATES. IT SEEMS AS IF THE DEMOCRATES ARE AFRAID OF REAL LEADERSHIP. HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE?


I think we are really seeing a meltdown of the democratic party and the two party system. The abramoff afffair is a republican scandal but the attitude that allowed it to florish up to this point and the money changers in the temple have been accepted by many democrates.



Someone like Feingold is the best hope for the Democratic party to restablish itself. If it is more of the same there is no hope for it. I will not give up my civil rights just because it is a democrat asking. We have already lost so much security. Feingold would not ask for that and again let us hope that he will have a chance without the party pulling him down.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger JforPeace said…

    what do you think about this ticket: Feingold/Richardson I think that would be awsome!!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger mnnngc said…

    Well I tried emailing but I am not sure who Richardson is. What state and where are they right now, maybe a link.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger MNBluestater said…

    Ah, that would be Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico...

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger JforPeace said…

    Thats right Bill Richardson it would give us the best geographic balance we've had in a long long time, and as a added bonus really tap into the tremendous hispanic population growth we've had in our country.
    Also I think its VERY important that proggessive, liberal people take back as many of the leadership postions in the party as possible this midterm election cycle. I'm planning on running for county chair, and I encourage anyone who is wanting Feingold to be the candidate to do the same.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger noneed4thneed said…

    Feingold/Richardson would not be a bad ticket. Richardson has ties to the Clinton Administration and is strong on foreign affairs and national security (border security in New Mexico). The west is a region that Democrats can pick up a lot of votes. It certainly doesn't hurt that Richardson is Hispanic. I could see this ticket winning these red states: Iowa, Ohio, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Montana.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Joel said…

    I'm inclined to let Feingold make the call on VP and focus on promoting him (Russ) so that he gets that chance.

    As it stands now, there are way too few people thinking in terms of Russ for President. So much for the obvious. How do we change that?

    What actions does the group suggest to get us started in Minnesota?

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Joel said…

    After a bit more research, I'll offer an answer to my own question. Seems that Thursday, March 9 is a national "meetup for Russ" day. Some other states are targeting the day to get campaigns started. See http://russforpresident.meetup.com/day/

    How about having Minnesota join the others? I offer my home in the Macalester Groveland neighborhood of Saint Paul to get together, share perspective and perhaps figure out what the next step should be. It ain't gonna happen unless we do it!

    Would readers of this blog care to participate?

    Joel

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger JforPeace said…

    Sounds great Joel!!
    I'll host one in my home town Waseca on the 9th and invite as many people to stop over from my caucus, Another small thing I do is wear a Feingold button when I'm out and about its a great conversation starter. From what I'm hearing people are "hungry for change". And also we need to invite everyone to join in this blog.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Joel said…

    OK, thanks. I'd like to have a notion how many folks probably would come to a Feingold meetup in the Twin Cities. I'd appreciate replies to

    "I would probably come to a meetup at 7 pm March 9 in the Twin Cities."

    Suggestions for important topics to cover welcome.

    Let's hear from you!

    Joel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home